PDA

View Full Version : OK, just got the new Odyssea out fit

FLricordia
10/16/2006, 04:47 PM
It is 20" 250wt HQI 20000 w/ 2x24 PC actinic and 2 moon lights. I like it. Each light has its own cord and it is electronic ballast for the PC and electronis for the HQI. Cost me $169 shipped. I don't have the actinics or the moonlights on in the pic. I have had the HQI on for an hour and the ballast is slightly warm. Also has 2 built in fans with separate cord. Comes with pendant hangers and legs.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/8473Picture_229-med.jpg

otterpop510
10/16/2006, 04:52 PM
both the fixture and your tank look really nice, i've heard mixed reviews about jebo/oddesea over all.. but if their quality/reliability work out they are amazing deals..

Donkin
10/16/2006, 04:52 PM
HOLY CRAP you have that over a 20g cube?!?! Now thats light!

FLricordia
10/16/2006, 08:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8353378#post8353378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Donkin
HOLY CRAP you have that over a 20g cube?!?! Now thats light!
I got a GBTA and wanted it to have some good light. I rearranged the tank since the pic (like you can do alot of rearranging in a 20 cube) so the rockwork wouldn't be directly under the MH. The GBTA seems to like it better than the PC I had. Don't know how the other corals are going to respond, but an anemone tank is what I wanted from the start.
So why didn't I go that route to begin with. I don't know, idiot I suppose.
Anyway, the MH has very narrow coverage so I think it will do OK.

Wackfunky
10/16/2006, 11:01 PM
Your tank looks great and if it is too much light for your corals, use the hanging kit and lift it a little higher. You may need to improvise a visor so the light doesn't spill all over the the room but I have seen a few really nice DIYs.

skimmy
10/17/2006, 12:05 PM
man that looks sweet!!
i as well have purchased several light fixtures from odyessea, and i must be one of the lucky ones, because i've had no failured, fires, or of the the like.
i think they have finally addressed most off their quality issues now the lights are like 5th generation.

FLricordia
10/17/2006, 07:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8355821#post8355821 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wackfunky
Your tank looks great and if it is too much light for your corals, use the hanging kit and lift it a little higher. You may need to improvise a visor so the light doesn't spill all over the the room but I have seen a few really nice DIYs.
Thanks. I am working on using the hanging kit once I can come up with a swing arm. I want to be able to adjust height and swing it out of the way for tank maint.
2nd day burn in and the corals seem to love it, especially the 2 new GTBA.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/8473Picture_251-med.jpg