PDA

View Full Version : Coral Q's

rkelman
10/16/2006, 07:30 PM
First question is about my colt coral.. First Its attached to a rock from the lfs that's a horible shape and it won't stay put. (I don't want to glue anything yet because I have more rock curing...) Can I just cut it off at the base like a Xenia and elastic band it to a rock?

The same colt coral is really getting big fast. Can I just prune it with a razor blade? Can I cut it vertically through the stalk? Its getting very thick but with three main branches coming from the trunk I'd like to cut it into 3 if possible.

My finger leather is attached also to a bad rock. Can I cut it off as well?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

RGV
10/16/2006, 07:59 PM
You can cut it with a scissors or razor blade any way you want. Then just rubber band the frags to a rock and away it goes. I've cut them off of rocks many times with no problem. If you want to be real safe try to scrape some of the rock off with it.

masterqaz
10/16/2006, 09:28 PM
dont elastic it to tightly to the rocks though as it will especially if the peices are small. It'll just end up being crushed and dieing, ive seen it happen many a time.

rkelman
10/17/2006, 05:12 PM
So cut both the Colt and the Finger leather? The cuts on the Colt would be 1 - 1 1/2" vertical and then cut horizontal to get it off the rock. Still ok? Same with the finger just cut it off?