PDA

View Full Version : Aquapod Advice

chet-tonja
10/17/2006, 07:27 AM
Hello all! I have been out of reefing for about a year now and really miss it. I was looking to add a freshwater aquarium to my office at work and stumbled across these aquapod setups. I kind of thought about setting up a seahorse tank and now I am leaning towards setting up a mini reef with just a fish or two. I have done quite a bit of reading and surprisingly enough I haven't heard too many bad things about the Aquapods. What are everyone's opinions on these and is there another setup I should be looking at as well? My plan is to go with the HQI lighting and add the Remora skimmer. I would like to try skimmerless, but I imagine I would add some SPS to the tank eventually. I'm not sure exactly what my question is really other than I would like some opinions on what would be a good setup for a very small office....I'm a car salesman...and I just wanted to get another post under my belt after being away for so long. There are alot of slow times in the car business and a little hobby at work would be great. Thanks and any opinions would be appreciated...Chet

BLKTANG
10/17/2006, 07:52 AM
IMO the Aquapods are sweet.

chet-tonja
10/17/2006, 08:20 AM
They look like pretty nice setups. I would definitely go with the 24 gallon as the 12 would be too small IMO. The stand definitely needs an upgrade though as it seems pretty unstable. I may just have to make the plunge and get one, but I want to get some more reading in so I don't regret any decisions later on.

july865
10/17/2006, 08:16 PM
choose your stock first... they will generaly dictate what you will need/want. i ditched the stock light, baught the "current USA 150". went to the furnature store and baught a nice cabinet style piece to place it on. the dimensions of the pod are 20x17in.