PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton 250 watt HQI ballast???

reptoreef
10/19/2006, 07:51 PM
I have had a few suggestions as to the cause of a problem with my Hamilton HQI 250 watt ballast.... The problem is I've only had the ballast for a relatively short time(bought new) and used only a few months, but now will not fire the DE bulbs I tried (Hamilton Tech, XM, AB, Helios, and Phoenix). Every time the ballast is plugged in or turned on(on timer) it just sits there with no noises or 'humms' unless I wiggle the cord a bit. I have been told that it could be the capacitor or ignitor with the ignitor being the probable cause. Any suggestions would be awesome or even directions to how I can resolve the problem for the least amount would be greatly appreciated. Does anybody know if Hamilton warrantees against such defects as this is kind of upsetting to spend the dough for 'quality' and have this occur.

Thanks in advance, Jason

SDguy
10/19/2006, 07:59 PM
I belive they have a 1 year warranty, no?

I had the same problem with the same ballast. Sent it to them. They "fixed" it, and sent it back. Still doesn't work. Been sitting in my closet ever since. Don't feel like dropping shipping costs for that cinder block any more. Hope you have better luck :)

reptoreef
10/19/2006, 08:23 PM
Great news!!! The kind of service you love, huh? Hope somebody has better news.

crabsy
10/20/2006, 05:47 PM
switch to PFO

reptoreef
10/20/2006, 11:07 PM
I also have a pfo standard for my 2 250 XM's... I agree at this point. I emailed their customer service(hamilton tech) we'll see what they have to say... or if they're a credible enough company to take care of prompt quality customer service.