PDA

View Full Version : loss of my two year old baby :(

euroreefman
10/20/2006, 12:12 AM
well folks today was a sad day for me after 2 years of having my MAC certified scopas tang I found him bein eaten by my cleaner shrimp early this morning not quite sure the cause of the death as yesterday he was eating fat and healthy to looking i now only have 1 fish left in my 65 gallon reef I feed Nori, different seaweed clip on types, pellets of some sort not sure on the brand but I think its spectravital. I also feed frozen foods such as krill,bloodworms,cyclopeez, and other sorts of different foods at least twice a week. water params are in check and are quite stable. I guess I just got unlucky. but now Im thinking of maybe a few different types of wrasses or some small schooling fishes so suggestions will be helpful. Thanks for letting me vent

peace
Nate

euroreefman
10/20/2006, 12:14 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/nathaniel5270/newreef013.jpg

heres a pic about two weeks ago

Vegas_ReefMan
10/20/2006, 09:45 AM
Damn, sorry to hear bro... Get another one! They are super cool fish!

euroreefman
10/20/2006, 11:38 AM
Im considering it although since his death cyano has covered the sandbed Gah that stuff is so ugly phosphate test says its way to high so Im gonna be switching out carbon and some new GFO hopefully this will get things back down also I bought a new skimmer a few days ago Euroreef rs80 maybe it just needs some more breaking in time

donski
10/21/2006, 02:13 AM
Sorry about your loss. I tend to go with a different fish when a longtime resident dies. I had a potters angel for about 4 years, was healthy looking ,ate like a pig, survived moving, power outages, etc. one day he was dead. I'll never know why. Old age??? Anyway, lots of cool wrasses, angelfish, anthias ,firefish maybe? I just put a flame angelfish in my tank... I've never had a problem with them being reef -safe before and this one has no interest in my clams or corals.