PDA

View Full Version : Aquapod 24

Reef5
10/20/2006, 04:39 AM
Is the aquapod 24 any good. I can get the floresant light one for like £100. its brand new not been opened. Just wondering if its worth it. All i would need is LR sand and salty water.

thanks

Sean

Reef5
10/20/2006, 10:25 AM
Anyyone????

ReefBug
10/20/2006, 11:03 AM
I am enjoying this tank immensely. We downsized from a 250 gal., yes, you read that right, and this little tank is a joy. We like the all contained system. Of course we did take out the sponges, bio-balls, etc. and just run live rock rubble covered with a chemi-pure bag and a thin layer of cheapo filter floss ontop that we just throw away 1-2x a week.

Very simple operation. A breeze to upkeep. We love it.

We have the AquaPod 24 DX, with the SunPac power compacts. Keeping it simple. 3 fish and a bunch of softies.

HTH

Reef5
10/20/2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks Reefbug,
the exact one i am getting. I was gonna tank out the bioballs and sponges because of nitrates etc. What fish do u have i cant think of what to get. And coz i am only gonna have 2 or 3 i want to get the one that i am gonna like and not get bored with. Do u think fiji live rock is good?

Thanks
Sean

ReefBug
10/20/2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, Figi rock is very good. I started my pod with 30 lbs cured Figi, and 30 lbs live sand, and virtually had no cycle at all.

I have 1 Yellow Clown Goby, 1 Saddleback Blenny, and 1 Fairy Wrasse. Lovely combo. Very colorful! And full of personality! Any Blennie is a ham. All will stay relatively small, with very little bio-load. I have 3 colonies of zoos: 1 brown, 1 blue, 1 unknown. Also have a large Green Star Polyps colony, and a colony of Clove (aka Waving Hand) polyps.

Its a fun tank. Much more entertainment and less maintenance and less stress!

Again, HTH It works for me! All we added was an additional Maxi-Jet 1200 for added flow.