PDA

View Full Version : Moding LocLine return fitting in existing tank

Chuck H.
10/20/2006, 06:28 AM
Hello,

I am considering adding a 3/4" Y fitting to my return (standard AGA MegaFlow kit) so I can make better use of my Mag 9.5 with regard to water flow and eliminating deadspots in the tank. How difficult is it to work with Loc Line? I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I don't want to start screwing with my plumbing and cause problems. Also, should I just stick with a 3/4" Y and have 2 3/4" nozzles or should I reduce it down to 2 1/2" nozzles. Any thoughts, opinions, advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

moonyguy
10/20/2006, 11:26 AM
Hi Chuck

I am going through a similar issue with my Mag 7. I have decided to use 3/4 Y fitting with 6" locline and a 2" flat nozzle to direct the flow (one close to the surface and other inside). I am going to work on it next week. Will keep you posted. As far as I know loclines are easy to work with but they are not airtight I read. So make sure that your return pipe connects to the locline under the water so you dont have to deal with air getting sucked in and get tons of microbubbles. Hope that helps
clear skies
Vishnu