PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity's sake...

Mr31415
10/20/2006, 12:55 PM
What is the single aspect of reefkeeping that you enjoy the MOST?

For me it is feeding my predator tank. I have a Volitans Lionfish, Leaf Scorpionfish, Frogfish, Zebra Eel and two Green Brittlestars.

Feeding them is is a very intimate experience since you literally tease each fish in to eating from your hand...

MCary
10/20/2006, 02:16 PM
Photgraphy, love growth shots of my SPS the most.

Mr31415
10/20/2006, 02:28 PM
Yup that is a close second for me. I love photographing my reef too.

jbittner
10/20/2006, 03:32 PM
I love when problems arise. I know kinda wierd, but I love the challenge of finding the cause and fixing the problem. I need a new tank, no problems in mine for a while (knock on wood).

Sk8r
10/20/2006, 04:44 PM
Watching my corals grow. Takes a while. But a few, like digitata, change within 24 hours. And when I'm out on a trip for a few days, it's always neat to see how certain things have grown.

One of my particular enjoyments is an acro frag that has grown into a colony over the last 4 months, and begun to show the characteristic pattern of its species. [You can't tell one acropora from another if it's only one stick of it, but its branching pattern tells the story.]

I like watching the day to dark change on the lps, too, the things with tentacles. I was assured entirely that the maze brain I was buying would have no 'sweepers.' Ha! I knew better---and I was right: 5 minutes in my somewhat well-fed tank and the sweepers were headed for half a foot in length. Reposition that one, fast!