PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Bulk live sand

nauti1us
10/22/2006, 07:24 AM
I'm preparing to build a refugium and I'm in need of approximatley 280 pounds of sand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aragonite mix is what I am thinking I should use. Since I need such a large amount of sand I would rather not buy it bag by bag at the LFS...

Does anyone have any leads where I can buy a bulk purchase of 280 pounds plus of reef grade sand..?

It doesn't have to be live sand. I'm sure the sand will populate from the main tank.

Thanks in advance for any leads,

Matt

sir_dudeguy
10/22/2006, 08:10 AM
are you talking about that arag-alive crap? Because i'd look somewhere else for sure if you want quality live sand...arag alive hardly has anythiing in it (i've used it before) so you're basically getting just semi-dead bacteria...no critters at all.

If you want quality live sand, you'd have to look online, cuz your lfs more than likely will not have quality sand....one guy posted that all his lfs did to make "live" sand was put dry sand in their system for 3 weeks and then sell it for double the price.

I dont know what any of the good sites for LS would be, but i just wanted to warn you against arag-alive.

nauti1us
10/22/2006, 08:26 AM
I am not looking for "live"sand. I am looking for dry sand, reef grade... does anyone know where I can purchace a large volume..?

dougie
10/22/2006, 08:33 AM
the ocean.