PDA

View Full Version : pairing up begins

president89
10/23/2006, 11:59 AM
I'm actually pretty skeptical about this happening so fast, but my two juvenile perculas seem to be pairing off already. Although they are not always by eachothers side, they most often are. Also one definately twitches when the other one nips. Once he twitches the other will stop nipping. The nipping is quite minimal, but it is exciting to think that I will someday have a pair and hopefully spawning will occur. Keep in mind i've only had the pair a week, and they came from the same tank of juveniles. Currently they are the only fish in the tank. I may leave it like that. My gf laughs at me as I refer to them as puppies. They come right over to the glass and give me the puppy dog face.

Damsel13
10/23/2006, 12:09 PM
(':p')

That is sooo cool! I too just got a pair of false perculas, they are tiny and really, really tame. They hang together all the time. I'll have to watch for other behaviors you have noticed with yours. I was wondering if it is ok they came from the same tank at the store?

president89
10/23/2006, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't think it would be a problem if they were from the same tank. I think I read the Joyce Wilkerson book on clownfishes 3 times and I don't recall ever seeing that being a problem. I don't think our clowns are against incest the way we are.