PDA

View Full Version : 26g Bowfront Light question

Happan
10/24/2006, 08:05 AM
I did a search and between bashing my head in the desk and slammin my fingers in the drawer, I've come to the conclusion that I still don't know where I stand on my lighting problem.

Someone at my LFS recommended the Nove Extreme T5 for my 26g tank. I know all about the single reflector, but costwise I'll save money over the buying the TEK. I will be able to buy the NE for 185.00 roughly and to me, that's a good deal.

My question is this. The depth will be between 17-18", by purchasing the NE, will that be suffient light for Clams and maybe something like a BTA?

You have to understand that money is a little tight for me, and I've run out of brownie points with the wife to warrent spending anything more then what I'm committed to, but I want a decent lighting system for this tank. Any help would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
Lou

Happan
10/24/2006, 10:36 AM
No one has an idea?

mjschomer
10/24/2006, 10:49 AM
What is the width of that T5 fixture? I have a 26 bowfront too. Unless you use a pendant style light, you will only be able to use a fixture that is about 10 inches wide.

I personally opted for a MH pendant on that tank.

Happan
10/24/2006, 11:35 AM
Its a Nova Extreme 4 bulb T-5 unit with 24 watt bulbs 24" long

mjschomer
10/24/2006, 12:04 PM
Looks like that unit is 7.25" wide. It should be a decent fit.

You will be able to keeps a BTA without a problem. Not sure about Clams though; the 26 is relatively high. I would guess that you will be ok though.