PDA

View Full Version : It's a Festivus miracle!

poppin_fresh
10/25/2006, 08:06 PM
I happened to look at my tank tonight for the first time in a couple days. I immediately noticed that the nasty brown snot algae and Cyano I've been fighting is gone! My refugium is crystal clear for the first time in months. The back and side glass on the DT is complely free of the scourge also.

I have no logical explination why this has happened. I have done normal W/C, but that never helped. I also removed a bag of carbon and a bag of chemipure that were ~2 months old. I had the problem when I added the carbon and chemipure, thinking they might help. I haven't done anything else other than discontinuing use of a certain pellet food (over a month ago).

I'm happy...but baffled.

Lev F.
10/25/2006, 08:15 PM
It usually goes away at night, only to come back in the morning...

Anemonebuff
10/25/2006, 08:19 PM
The tank finally got past that point. It has reached stability. That's the way it felt for me.

poppin_fresh
10/25/2006, 08:23 PM
Nah... this stuff was thick and nasty and its gone. The rock in my refugium looked like it was wearing a velvet robe. My Tunze was really fuzzy, but now I can see the plastic again. Its weird.

poppin_fresh
10/25/2006, 08:33 PM
I was ready to blame my lights (getting old), my salt brand (IO), my RO (TDS on the rise), etc. I haven't changed any of those, so I guess they weren't the problem.

mthedude
10/26/2006, 08:26 AM
Did you peform the feats of strength on the algae yet?

Zach117
10/26/2006, 09:15 AM
If only there was a Festivus for the rest of us!

mthedude
10/26/2006, 12:40 PM
As I rained blows upon him.......I thought to myself....there's got to be a better way!