PDA

View Full Version : Is my YWG Eating my pods?

aquarius77
10/26/2006, 01:21 AM
I traded a cichlid of mine for a Yellow Watchman Goby, i put him in my tank and was suprised to see him eat some flake the first day he actually chased it. So the second day i fed new life spectrum marine pellets and he ate one, so i know he eats what i feed.
My thing is this lil guy is FAT hes got lumps in his stomach from eating it seems. I know what you think "this guy is feeding WAY too much" but im not... at all.
I feed once daily, one day i feed formula 2 flake then the next day NLS marine pellets. I only have one small maroon clown and a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp and now the YWG. I put maybe 10 1MM pellets in one day and maybe 6 small(3-4MM) flakes the next day, that is max per day, once daily.
The clownfish eats most everything that hits the water himself and the cleaner shrimp will do battle over those pellets so i know hes not getting too much food.

Is he eating my pods ya think? He seems in perfect health and is a beautiful little fish.

sir_dudeguy
10/26/2006, 07:35 AM
probably. I do thnk that they'll take in mouthfulls of sand at times, which they sift out all the food from. But maybe he's just a fatty :)

aquarius77
10/26/2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the response Sir, I have seen him move sand around to make his tunnel.
My pods have nothing that is eating them so i have a good number of pods and some are pretty big ones. He seriously looks like he has lumps in his stomach.

Any one know for sure if these guys eat pods?

BradL.
10/26/2006, 01:42 PM
For sure,yes gobys eat pods.

aquarius77
10/26/2006, 01:48 PM
Good deal. I figured he was when i seen his stomach after a few days and it had knots in it.

Well thats awesome im glad to have something putting my pods in check and im glad hes feeding (alot).

Where are ya in IL Brad?
I like zoas as well and have several different kinds!

BradL.
10/26/2006, 01:52 PM
Im 61360, sounds good!