PDA

View Full Version : Sebae swimming near top of water.

itz frank
10/27/2006, 10:59 AM
What does this mean? I've seen my other fish do it and usually a few days later they kick the bucket. I placed two black sebaes in with a BTA. They both took to the BTA within 30 minutes fighting back and forth inside the anem. Then i got up in the middle of the night to check on things and one is swimming lazily near the top of the water and the other is still living in the BTA. What can i do?

norcal99
10/27/2006, 11:33 AM
Not entirely sure, but it kind of sounds like it might be gasping for air at the surface. Do you notice any visual signs that something might be wrong (i.e. gills?) I recently had a clown with brooklynellosis that did the same thing before biting the dust.

boomsticks
10/27/2006, 11:51 AM
He might have gotten the crap beat outta him and damaged his gills. I went home from work at lunch today and found my perc had jumped! Him and the maroon have been fighting lately and this morning it was a pretty bad scene. RIP little buddy....

SVXH6
10/27/2006, 12:26 PM
lots of clowns when first introduced to a new tank will sleep at the surface.. he got kicked out of the anemone.. are you sure they are not both females?? what size are they?? and you should not mix percs and maroons.. you shouldnt really mix any clowns but there are exceptions..

itz frank
10/27/2006, 04:40 PM
uhmm.. i wanna say that he was breathing fast and might've had some damage to the fins but it was most likely from being in the bag with the other sebae. They're not very large. Maybe two inches max. Not sure what large is for sebaes. I've only had percs. I haven't been home yet but I'm hoping he'll be ok when i get there.