PDA

View Full Version : am i ready for an anemone

gemini aquarius(t)
10/28/2006, 01:04 PM
i know about the 6 month rule and all but its been about 4 months all my corals were doing great and my clownhfish is happy, if i were to do like one last water change right before i introduced a anemone would i be ok my perams are all good and im pretty confident about an anemone doing good

i have the 29 gallon in my signature minus all the frags of everything(there are all in the 10 gallon now) the powerhead isnt covered yet but its on the oppisite side of the tank than the rockwork
would this be ok
thx alot
!

itz frank
10/28/2006, 04:43 PM
i think you'd be ok as long as everything has remained stable in the tank for some time. So watch your params for a week or two and maybe fluctuate the amount you're feeding to see how drastically things are affected. Also, don't forget that you're clown might not take right to the anem. and may never take it. Make sure you get an anemone that is compatible with your clown. Tank raised clowns might never take to an anem. Just food for thought. The 6 month rule, just like everything else in this hobby, is a rule of thumb.

gemini aquarius(t)
10/28/2006, 09:49 PM
ok thanks i have been watching for a while about a week and its the same so i think thats a good sign my clown will probably take to any anemone because its from PNG so i think im good in that respect but i just want to know if the powerhead thong is going to present a huge proble,

TOURKID
10/28/2006, 10:15 PM
get a refractometer if you dont have one. and a real good alk kit (salifert is great)

nems are super sensative to changes in salinity and alk.

be aware that they get big, and really damage corals if it touches them.

RokleM
10/28/2006, 10:57 PM
I would highly highly recommend getting rid of the Seio. It's a terrible design, built so poorly it will suck a cerith snail right out of it's shell. Imagine what would happen to your anemone.

I would suggest something like the new tunze nano's or few maxijet's instead, etc.

gemini aquarius(t)
10/29/2006, 07:37 PM
i dont have any corals in the tank anymore because this tank is dedicated to anemones and clowns i got a bta today and its drip aclimating now at the rate of a drop every 7-9 second so its pretty slow, about the seio i undertand what ur saying but would it help at all if i changed the mounting on it> to the non tunze way??? let me know i will be doing a water change soon(next couple of days) so how should i add the water? how slow so there arent any problems with the nem
?
anything else i need to know i have done alot of reading but ur experienses are way better than books