PDA

View Full Version : leaky bulkhead

xdusty6920
10/28/2006, 06:36 PM
well im in the process of switching my tanks into rubbermaid polys. and unfortunately one of the bulkheads is leaking. ive emptied out the rubbermaid, takin the bulkhead off, realigned the o-ring, and refilled and it still just keeps on with the slow leak. ive checked it over and there are no cracks but i just cant get it to seal properly. so i was wondering if i can use pvc cement or something like that to seal this thing permanently. what can i do because i dont have time to reorder a new bulkhead.

teo241
10/28/2006, 06:49 PM
you can put a thing ring of aquarium silicone on the o ring before you screw the nut on, which will give you a nice seal, you don't have to use much. the only catch is you have to give it 24 hours to dry.

cward
10/28/2006, 06:50 PM
Is it the bulkhead at the bottom that came with the rubbermaid? You can use silicon to seal around the bulkhead.

xdusty6920
10/28/2006, 06:53 PM
yeah it is the factory bulkhead. i picked up a few savko BH's and they didnt really fit the hole in the rubbermaid and made me nervous. the factorys fit much better. so i went with them instead.