PDA

View Full Version : Need more light! 12g JBJ

scubasteve20
10/29/2006, 10:06 PM
Okay, I'm finally discovering some of the inherent flaws of my nano. I upgraded the pump and that made a huge difference, I can tell even my hermits have perked up and become much more active :) Now I need help with lights... I don't know which model I have but it is a JBJ 12g with a single 24w PC. I want to get some more soft corals and eventually an anemone. Would the nanotuners 48w upgrade kit be enough, and what kind of bulbs should I use? (I was thinking 1 24w 10,000k and 1 24w actinic) Halides are out of the question since I want to keep a top on it. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks,

Steve

kal2310
10/29/2006, 10:29 PM
Nanotuners is great to deal with. I recently purchased a 6g jbj with 54watts of pc from them. great customer service, great shipping. chris is a really nice guy. 48w should do well for most soft corals, the anemone I am not too sure about since I have never kept them. I would also suggest ordering a surface skimmer from nano tuners if you dont already have one, or use an old casette. just curious what sort of filtration are you doing in the back 3 chambers?

scubasteve20
10/30/2006, 05:48 AM
I've heard they are pretty good to work with. Right now my filter is empty but in a couple days I'll wind up just using 1 of the foam blocks and the ceramic rings, eventually a protein skimmer. I'm using a peice of tape as a skimmer but I'll rig up something nicer soon. Any more lighting suggestions? Thanks,

Steve

All Delight
10/30/2006, 09:36 AM
Yah check out nanotuners.com they have a bunch of setups you can choose from.