PDA

View Full Version : what happened to my fish?

mpd525
10/29/2006, 10:26 PM
i just got a bi-color dottyback today, bright coloration, best looking one i've ever seen. Anyway, put her in the tank, she hid for about an hour, and then starting swimming around. I left to go watch sunday night football at a buddies, got home, and fish is completely gone. No where in site. The only thing i can come up with is i've got a condy anenome in the thank, and the only other fish is a maroon clown. but i looked at the nem real close and i couldn't see any color of the fish inside of him. Any ideas, i don't have a sump or anything, and i have a glass canopy, i don't think she jumped out. Again I ask Any Ideas. Sure makes me mad.

Bri Guy
10/29/2006, 10:29 PM
They will find the smallest of hiding places, just be patient im sure it will come out and play.

Randall_James
10/29/2006, 10:30 PM
Could just be hiding in a rock, be amazed how small an area you can tuck a fish in...

mpd525
10/29/2006, 10:34 PM
i sure hope so, it was the prettiest dotty i've seen, the magenta was almost pink. the brightest colors i've seen yet.

jpitts101
10/30/2006, 01:06 AM
i have a yellow wrase that comes and goes all the time, i wont see him for 2 or so days, right when i think he may have been eaten or commited suicide he appears. you never know, give it a few days. if you cant find it, he's probally hideing. i had a condy for awhile and dont think he could have eaten a fish. yeah i know condi's can eat fish but if the fish is healthy and strong the condi couldnt hold him.

mpd525
10/30/2006, 06:25 PM
whew, got up this morning, flipped on the actinics, got to looking around inthe tank, and behold the dotty came out of a hole in a piece of live rock. I didn't even realize the hole was their. thanks.