PDA

View Full Version : I hope i got this right for a 217 gallon

BrokeColoReefer
10/30/2006, 09:02 PM
Well to start, i wanted a deep tank so my dimensions are:
48W x 36D x 29T
Im planning a side overflow that will be 34 wide by 16 tall and 6 deep.
Im not shure if i am going to "notch" the side of the tank or cut a slit in it. I think the slit would look cleaner.

I wanted slow turnover from the display to the sump so i chose a panworld 100 px-x pump that will pump 1270 GPH.

The Skimmer i chose for this project will be a MRC MR-2R reciurculator. PLanning on a panworld 150PS as the reculating pump, a mag 5 as a feed pump. Dual becketts will require some power.

For turnover in the tank i went with 2 TUNZE 6100. I didnt want the complicated plumbing of a closed loop. I think that 6000 gph should be plenty, and considering the power that the skimmer is going to take i wanted to make this aspect more efficient.

Lighting i went simple. a 36" fixture with [2x250 HQI 2x39 T5] (aqua medic hood) , 2x 48" VHO. (retro)

Im planning on about 100 lbs of figi as a base and 70 lbs of marshal island for the top.
Going with a fine sand substrate, about 1" thick.

Sump is 40 gallons, i will be keeping about a 15x15x20 area for a deepsand bed/macro fuge.

Other equipment:
Calcium Reactor
Kalkwasser reactor with dosing pump
Neptune 3

I want to keep mostly SPS and LPS, but plan on having plenty of softies in there as well. Fish will be a focal point as well. I want lots of color, lots of movement, with just the right amount of hard corals. Aquascaping should be easy with such depth. Im planning at least two main canyons and severl nice sized caves. Rockwork will be loose, and all over the place, im planning on leaving a low flow "lagoon" on one side, and at least 10" of space all around the tank as a "beach".
What do you guys and gals think?