PDA

View Full Version : Refugium

Dan9
11/02/2006, 02:50 PM
I was wondering about some of the cheap but effective ways you all set up refugium. I was thinking of putting it in my sump. One idea I had is getting a small bucket and putting it in my sump with water and a powerhead in it. Then let the water overflow slowly into my sump and eventually going to my display. The main reason I want i a fuge is soi someday I will be successful with a mandarin. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of this plan and what you are all doing. Thanks

Loralie
11/02/2006, 03:08 PM
I have a 110 gallon fuge. I have about 2 1/2 inches of sand, 100+ lbs of rock. I have 10 types of macro, mushrooms, urchins, serpent stars, anthelia, gorgonia's mantis shrimp and feather dusters in mine. I like the fuge as much as I like my display. Mine is a little overboard though. I am not sure about the bucket. Do you have room in your sump for some LR and Cheato? Also putting a light on the fuge on a reverse time schedule helps keep PH swings to a minimum. I have the compacts in the flood lamp that Melev has on his site. They are awsome and cost is minimal