PDA

View Full Version : Plunbing Thoughts

terryfavors
11/03/2006, 11:26 AM
I have a 135 gal reef ready coming next week. I have most of the plumping I think figured out. The bulkhead fitting going to the tank is a one inch, one on each end of the tank. My questions is where and what to use to feed it back into my tank. I don't want too use regular PVC to be visible. I want some nicer with options of different water flow patterns. I have a 125 gal now with canister filters and the new 135 has a 45 gal sump with it. My confusing is where to buy what I need to do what I'm try to accomplish. Thanks for any suggestion or links to direct me in the correct direction.
Terry

chrisstie
11/03/2006, 11:28 AM
You can go to a hardware store and they should have some clear tubing you could use with stainless steel clamps. Just be sure you know the difference between ID and OD (inner diameter and outer) and where each may apply.

Thats only one option from a newbie reefer whos doing an overflow \not drilled sump setup ;p I'm sure the other RCers here have much more and probably better help :)

Liquid Hobby
11/03/2006, 01:11 PM
If it's reef ready, doesn't it have a drain and a return hole predrilled?

terryfavors
11/03/2006, 01:21 PM
Yes the holes r pre drilled and the bulk head fittings are attached.
I have a 1 inch return to the tank, I was trying to figure out what to use to run it back from there to the tank that looks neat and works well. Thanks, Terry