PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from 550l to 1000l

Mr31415
11/04/2006, 11:19 AM
I might be upgrading my tank from the current 550l reef to a 1000l reef, depending on whether my potential buyer can make up his mind...

Anycase, I am also moving to a new house (1km from my current house). My question is, what is the best way to move my live stock to the other tank? Obviously it makes sense to get the tank installed and the plumbing done in the new house, but how do I go about from there?

Do I fill it 60% full of new RO/DI mixed salt water and then when I am ready to move use the 550l from the current tank to fill the rest of the 40%? Or how should I do it?

hawaiianwargod
11/04/2006, 01:49 PM
The trick is to properly acclimate your livestocks to its new environment. You could use your old water from your old setup to minimize any changes. 1 km is not a problem but make sure you plan it right and ahead of time. Ask someone to help you out during the move. Take your livestocks first and put them in a temporary container with a heater ( if needed) and air pump. I would also separate the fish and corals to minimize stress.
Good luck!

Mr31415
11/05/2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks. Anyone else?