PDA

View Full Version : Seaclone 100 and Aqua C EV 180 photos.

BrokeColoReefer
11/04/2006, 10:52 PM
I find it entertaining that people are so fast to assume that a skimmer doenst work, or that a seaclone 100 is the biggest POS on the planet. I traded recently for a EV180 and the guy gave me a seaclone 100 and told me that its the worst skimmer ever. I tell you this, i have recieved less skimmate out of a ASM then i have out of this seaclone. The seaclone is on a 12 gallon nano and the EV is on some live rock thats curing out. The seaclone was cleaned yesterday and the EV was cleaned this morning. This is less then 12 hours of skimming on the EV and the seaclone took absoluty no adjustment, as matter of fact, the air valve was missing. Its just running wide open. So tell me what the problem is? am i just lucky? These skimmers are working with no mods and on the pump recommeded by the manufactures. Im lovin' it.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/BrokeColoReefer/IMG_5872.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/BrokeColoReefer/IMG_5873.jpg

justinm0424
11/04/2006, 11:31 PM
why is there foam coming out of the top on the ev 180? I have a 120 and I like it.

kalare
11/05/2006, 12:27 AM
You have them on seperate systems. You can't compare skimmers running on different skimmers. Of course the Seaclone is going to pull junk on a LR curing tank. Put them both on the same system and see which skimmer pulls more junk. Also take into account that the AquaC you have there is pulling MUCH more dry foam than that seaclone is and the seaclone is probably skimming wetter (not that wet is worse than dry or anything, just a comparison of waste volume). IMO, you could probably skim much more out of the LR tank if you put the aquaC on it to the point of shutting down the seaclone.

BrokeColoReefer
11/05/2006, 07:36 AM
Im just saying they work
The seacolone is on a nano, the aqua c is on a live rock tank. Im not comparing skimmers anyway, im just saying they work.

Andrew
11/05/2006, 09:32 AM
The sealcone the lfs runs on their reef tank pulls some nasty skimmate.