PDA

View Full Version : Dosing pump specs

Untamed12
11/06/2006, 12:51 PM
I was thinking of using one of the pumps on the dosing pump set to push water through my Ca reactor.

My system is 400+ gallons, and will have a lot of SPS...so I'll be driving my Ca reactor hard.

What is the maximum pumping capacity of these dosers? What volume of tank water do people typically push through their reactors?

RobbyG
11/06/2006, 06:13 PM
Most people seem to set their calc reactor at 40 drops per minute. That's well within the doser range, but a power head and a valve can do it just about as well, maybe not as accurately but close enough. (I am worried about people using these Dosing pumps 24/7 I don't think they are made to work that way)

Untamed12
11/06/2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks. I would expect that the dosing pump won't run 24/7. I imagine that it will cycle every few seconds.

I'm uncomfortable with inaccurate dosing of anything...including the output from a Ca reactor. I agree, it seems to work out for everyone, but drippers never work for me. I'm always having to adjust them and it drives me crazy.

ik2vov
11/10/2006, 04:25 AM
Hi Untamed12,
this dosing punps doesn't work 24/7, after 5 minutest of continuos work they stop for 5 minute, in this way i think it's not ideal for ca reactor....
If i'm not wrong the max flow of the dosing pumps is 2.4 liter/hour.

Bye

ik2vov
11/10/2006, 04:30 AM
I forgot.....

We are thinking at a single dosing pump but one that can work 24/7, this can be one of the future products.

Bye

RobbyG
11/10/2006, 09:18 AM
Thats still a lot faster than my Calc reactor drips, I dont see a problem since you can run it for 1 min then off for a minute.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8516376#post8516376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ik2vov
Hi Untamed12,
this dosing punps doesn't work 24/7, after 5 minutest of continuos work they stop for 5 minute, in this way i think it's not ideal for ca reactor....
If i'm not wrong the max flow of the dosing pumps is 2.4 liter/hour.

Bye

Psyire
11/13/2006, 08:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8516383#post8516383 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ik2vov
I forgot.....

We are thinking at a single dosing pump but one that can work 24/7, this can be one of the future products.

Bye

I would buy one of these in a second. I can't figure out a use for all 3 dosing pumps that justifies the price. (for myself) However I have need for 1 pump. It would be really cool if the dosing pump modules could be "daisy chained". IE. Add however many that you need. (instead of having to start with 3)

RobbyG
11/14/2006, 07:17 AM
If you use it for gradual water changes, thats 2 pumps used right there. Only leaves one for dosing additives or slow acclimation of fish and coral.

Psyire
11/14/2006, 10:53 AM
Personally I can't use it for gradual water changes. (no room)

Someday perhaps...

wavey
11/27/2006, 11:36 AM
Hi,

OK, I had a beta pump, great, but wanted it to dose depending on the level sensor. Confirmed with Aquatronica that it would do this, yes they said.

Mine doesnt. When I go into level control I only have the options of the plug bars I have attached, not the dosing pump section.

E-mailed Aquatronica, no reply yet, but I am guessing the software to do this hasnt been developed yet? Or is it because i have a beta pump(although cant see why that would make a difference, should only be software).

So, is anyone out there with a production pump able to top-up via the level sensor controlling one of the pumps?

wavey
11/27/2006, 11:42 AM
Perhaps if I bothered to look properly I would find my own answers LOL. USE an XY programme. Reminder to self, try and look more professional in the future!

redbull99
11/27/2006, 04:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8628453#post8628453 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wavey
Perhaps if I bothered to look properly I would find my own answers LOL. USE an XY programme. Reminder to self, try and look more professional in the future!

lol, Now i know what to use the XY programming for.

Thanks

I haven't tried it on the new firmware (enough said).... but on the old firmware only one pump was able to run at once, is that the same case now? It will be hard to get a decent throughput on a 1/3 of the pumps capacity?

maab
01/25/2007, 03:20 AM
Is it possible to use Dosing Pumps for Kent's iodine Tech-I?
Martin

ppht
02/01/2007, 09:18 PM
Do the dosing pumps use a single power corde?

RobbyG
02/02/2007, 10:11 AM
Yes , 12V power from an adapter.

ik2vov
02/06/2007, 06:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9068904#post9068904 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by maab
Is it possible to use Dosing Pumps for Kent's iodine Tech-I?
Martin
Hi maab,

yes, you can use Iodine with dosing pumps.

Bye

catastrofe
02/06/2007, 11:46 AM
only one pump was able to run at once, is that the same case now? It will be hard to get a decent throughput on a 1/3 of the pumps capacity?

This is still the case, but it's more involved. . .

Let's say I have a program that doses beginning at 10:00 on pump A. Let's also say that based on the volume I'm dosing and the 5 min on/off cycle of the pumps, it will take 45 minutes to dose my specified volume.
Now I also have a program on pump B that doses beginning at 10:30. This program will not begin at 10:30 but it will run once the "A" program is finished.

What I've found is that whenever the "active" indicator is lit for a pump (the water droplet icons) the other pumps won't function even using the manual buttons on the pump housing.

Hope this helps. . .

:D