PDA

View Full Version : 24 Gallon NC OK?

Shekki
11/06/2006, 05:02 PM
I will be moving my stock from a 24 gall NC to a 50 gallon soon. Is the nano suitable for a mantis tank? No corals in this one.

Robb

Hoobahans
11/06/2006, 07:13 PM
I am thinking of doing the same thing and would like to hear some advice as well.

mattyice
11/06/2006, 08:53 PM
it is deffinately able to be used as a mantis tank, just make sure you dont tease it if its a peacock, it can and will crack the glass if it wants something on the other side, besides that any mantis is ok, just be sure that there is a couple large pieces of LR for the mantis to go under or in

Shekki
11/08/2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks Matty. My 24 gallon will seem like a cramped apartment compared to your luxury mantis mansion!

Robb

mattyice
11/08/2006, 11:02 PM
well monte is actually in a 12 gallon right now so he is in a closet if you think the 24 gallon is an apartment lol, but really the 24 will be more then enough if its going to be him and a couple pieces of rock, i just am away so much that i need that big of a tank so it can stay stable easier, also because im going to be doing alot more studying of them, going to see if giving them a large tank will help induce more natural behavior such as swimming and multiple burrows and such