PDA

View Full Version : clownfish

t5Nitro
11/06/2006, 09:55 PM
Just curious, how much does a 1 - 1 1/2 inch clown usually eat? True Percula Clown actually. Mine just takes a few peices of mysis shrimp then he's done, doesn't seem like much.

Jakaru
11/06/2006, 10:06 PM
Vary their diet. Mine eats like a pig and doesn't seem to be growing. but he swims against the current all day so maybe he builds up an apetite that way. I have two and they both do the same but the darker one seems to do it more... also he seems to take short naps on the sand during the day. they usually last less than one minute and he takes off again. Clown fish will do some strange things but if he doesn't seem to be getting skinny and seems to be eating well I wouldn't worry.

t5Nitro
11/06/2006, 10:14 PM
I feed formula one that I think he spits back out and then a few peices of mysis.

Jakaru
11/06/2006, 10:18 PM
hrmmm mine will eat anything I put in the tank including taking pieces out of silversides that I try to feed my bta. You mean formula one flakes? I feed formula one and two flakes, mysis and sometimes some plankton. I've been slacking on the plankton because the fish seem to pick some stuff out and leave the rest. How long have you had it? Not swallowing food is a sign of being chemically caught.