PDA

View Full Version : Kudos Jake

justincognito
11/07/2006, 03:00 PM
Congrats, Nice article. This whole sexual propagation thing is really picking up speed. I get to go to Guam in July and work with Lee Goldman on Acropora surculosa. We will be doing some work at the non-profits new project at the science and technology magnet high school. We have a greenhouse being built and we'll start with Pocillopora since they release planulae montly.
Rock!!!!

coralite
11/07/2006, 04:54 PM
hey justin, it's nice to hear from you old friend. Thanks for the kind words. What have you been up to? Still trying to convince people that Gonis rock? I saw your goni vid on myspace the other day, you should upload it to youtube for those of us who haven't got myspace accounts. Let me know if you guys need any help up there in Guam, I'd love to participate and now I actually have the Acro gamete collection and larval rearing experience to be able to mmake a difference.

justincognito
11/08/2006, 12:30 PM
Well I started that NPO late last year, quit my job to get that going. Now I've been picked up by a new Science and Technology Magnet High School. We have a couple thousand gallons going and more to set up. We are designing cirriculum around the coral prop systems and intergrating subjects such as egineering, physics, math, chemistry, art, computer IT. The resources are amazing!! Whole school is wired, digital stereo microscopes, Vernier probes,....
The whole thing rocks. Plus my band got signed by Tribe Records in LA. And the label owner loves the eco-coral stuff too. There's also a lot of local rock stars working at the school. Rockers and education go together i guess.