PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Anemone - What to Do?

layer3switchguy
11/07/2006, 07:07 PM
Hi folks,

About 4 hours ago I added an anemone to my tank, only to discover it has moved into a new spot. It's hiding behind a rock, almost out of sight. Should I leave him be for now, and try and coax him into a more suitable location for viewing?

Thanks!
L3

anomie
11/07/2006, 07:20 PM
I'd just leave her alone for now. Her natrual inclination for light and water movement will assertive itself after her feels a little bit more comfortable in a new tank.

layer3switchguy
11/07/2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks!

IPowderBlueTang
11/07/2006, 09:36 PM
Agree leave it for now, but if it did like my Green LTA after several months decided to move to the back of the rock work and I left it there for a week, I had to turn the rock that he was attach to, around until he was facing the front again. It was not looking too healthy and lost alot of his green colour. Giving the LTA a little TLC and its starting to color up again. So let it get use to its new surroundings, but keep an eye on it!

Lpabsolute
11/07/2006, 09:49 PM
I agree to leave it. I had a BTA that when placed in my 54g corner moved to the back of the tank...After sometime he came back out....You don't want to try to pull him off of the rock because you might hurt the anemone and if it dies it could screw up your entire tank...

layer3switchguy
11/07/2006, 10:09 PM
Great advice, thanks again... BTW, I was told it's a Rose Colored Anemone, but it looks green to me!