PDA

View Full Version : Premium Aquatics LightHouse Aquarium Controller

saltyfishy123
11/07/2006, 07:23 PM
Hello all!
Well I was looking at your Premium Aquatics LightHouse Aquarium Controller and was thinking its a much better price then aquacontroller and Neptune etc. Well there is one problem. Can this controller like top doseing a calcium reactor when theres a malfunction. Or if something went wrong call a cell phone?
Thank
John

Jeremy B.
11/08/2006, 08:11 AM
Hi John,

The Lighthouse does have a ph probe probe adapter for it, so you can run a solenoid off of this unit. However without some programming on your own side it would not be able to send out email alerts to a cell, etc.

Thanks,
Jeremy

saltyfishy123
11/08/2006, 12:18 PM
Okay thanks Jeremy, okay now im woundering if i coulld some hook up my red sea ozoenizer with redox controler. Is there a add on so I can change the ozoone?

Jeremy B.
11/08/2006, 12:45 PM
The unit does support an ORP probe, so you could control your ozonizer with this unit as well.

saltyfishy123
11/08/2006, 02:26 PM
How can I set the ozone though ? Mine has a redox controller on it but I dont think thats a problem.

Jeremy B.
11/08/2006, 03:06 PM
If you have a controller on the ozonizer then you would not need the orp probe for the lighthouse then.

saltyfishy123
11/08/2006, 03:18 PM
Can I take the probe of the ozonizer put it on the controller and just use the ozonizer to add ozone.............

Jeremy B.
11/08/2006, 03:31 PM
Yes, you can do that. If this is a Red Sea unit you would have to set the ozonizer to turn off at an extremely high ORP though so that it will never shut down. I'm not sure of all the ins/outs of doing that, as I have never tried that before.

amas
11/09/2006, 07:50 AM
With the new AQS-4 model, you can get emails or cell messages if the pH is too high or low, so when using it with a Calcium Reactor it can let you know when your reactor is malfunctioning.

The Lighthouse can act as both a ph controller and a redox controller (but not at the same time, because there is 1 controller outlet). You can use it to control a CO2 solenoid in ph mode (Ca reactor), or an ozone generator in ORP mode (Redox Controller).

Yes, you can use your Red Sea probe with the Lighthouse. Any ph or ORP probe from any mfg will work, as long as it has a BNC (pinpoint-style) connector.

Jeremy B.
11/09/2006, 08:15 AM
That is correct, I didn't even think about the new model being out, thank you very much for clarifying!

reefkeeper1
12/01/2006, 05:47 PM
Jeremy, about how many units have been sold of the LightHouse Controller? If you feel that's proprietary information, that's okay with me. I'd just like to know how big the installed base is in case I need help or support from the end-user community. I'll probably be purchasing one after I deal with all the bills with the Holiday Season (I'm only asking for the new clam book for Christmas). I really like the information the controller can log and show on the web.

Jeremy B.
12/02/2006, 07:20 PM
Hi,

I can't really say how many we have sold, however I can assure you that there are plenty out there. Also, the gentlemen who builds them for us does a very good at product support, and is always available for questions, etc.

Thanks,
jeremy

RobChuck
12/05/2006, 11:48 PM
I'll add that I've been using the Lighthouse since April of this year and have been very pleased with the controller and the service behind it (both from PA and the controller builder).

tgreene
12/06/2006, 05:00 PM
I use it on my system, and also have one installed on a publicly displayed reef tank that I maintain.

I also run our local reef club, and as an "educational tool", have setup our tanks to be monitored on the reef club site. If you want to see what all it does, check out www.nea-reefkeeping.com {Tank Monitors}. Our two tanks are pretty much clones, except mines a 125g and the Dr.'s is a 180g, so the biggest difference is that mine is generally about 1* degree warmer.

reefkeeper1
12/06/2006, 05:20 PM
I purchased a Lighthouse on Monday, and it should be here this Friday so that my wife will be mad at me this weekend for playing with it too much.

The two main features that won me over to the Lighthouse vs the other controllers were the light cutoff due to overheating and the web data output. The common sense design of other features with the product also convinced me that this was the controller to buy.

BTW, how important is the ORP data to those monitoring ORP? I'll be monitoring pH and temperature with the Lighthouse, but I'm still on the fence regarding monitoring ORP.

tgreene
12/06/2006, 05:58 PM
I'm all about Ozone, so ORP monitoring and/or controlling is a necessity for me. The tank that I maintain however, is in a Neurology office, so Ozone would be a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD thing to have running there, but I still want to know what the oxidation levels are in comparison to mine, so I have a probe in place and monitor it.

saltyfishy123
12/14/2006, 10:31 AM
I just cant wait to try it out myself.

reefkeeper1
12/14/2006, 11:22 AM
This is just a friendly reminder to everyone who presently has a pH probe that if you're using pH 7.0 calibration fluid to calibrate it for another monitor or controller, that the Lighthouse Controller requires pH 4.0 and pH 10.0 calibration fluid for probe calibration.

Presently, I'm only using the Controller as a very expensive thermometer :D But I should be setting up the heating and cooling controls, the pH probe, and the web display features by the end of the weekend. So far, I'm very impressed by the build of the unit and the intuitive front panel user interface.