PDA

View Full Version : Help!

squidward1320
11/08/2006, 07:25 AM
Yesterday i used some flatworm exit in my year and a half old 120gal reef tank.. i took out as many flat worms as i could then i did a 30% water change. Now all my corals look like they have a white coating on them and soo do my fish! My one fish's skin is turning white i dont have any idea what it could be. Iam perpareing another water change as we speak...

If you have any idea what else i should do or what else it could be please let me know :( ..

Nykademus
11/08/2006, 07:35 AM
Have you checked your params to make sure that you are not getting a spike? Flatworm exit can crash a tank.. well the waste created by the flatworms can, depending on how many there were.

Able to get any pics? Might help to see what the coating looks like.

But everything I have ever read on Flatworm exit states that it is perfectly safe for everything in the tank.. cept the flatworms.

Dubbin1
11/08/2006, 08:15 AM
Do another water change and run carbon.

theop
11/08/2006, 08:27 AM
FWE is safe, but the flatworms themselves give off toxins when they die. That is probably your problem so I agree with checking water parameters, adding new carbon, and water changes.

I've found that cerith and astrea snails are more sensitive to dying flatworm toxins. Those are the only types of snails that I've lost when using FWE.