PDA

View Full Version : 300 Gal start up

Biggie
11/08/2006, 07:52 AM
Well, Here I am. Finally made it to the Large tank forum. I bought a nice 300 gal acrylic reef ready tank from Me No Nemo off RC a few weeks ago.
Very nice folks with a great LFS in the Orlando area. They were kind enough to help me load it up and even thru in a 75 gal tank for free to use as a sump.
I cant say enough about that! You guys rule! So heres my attempt at my first build thread and a I hope I get it right the first time. I must say that theres alot of work I'll need to do in the mean time. So far I've had to do some prep work on the tank. Im currently buffing out some minor scratches which is going rather well I might add. The top of the euro brace was heat cracked around the edges and I ran a router around those to remove simply for asthetics not a real concern. Im posting pics as I go so Follow along if you like and suggestions are always welcome.
I currently have an established 90 gal and 180 gal with SPS and a few fish to transfer when Im complete. I have multiple orders for items Im waiting to get the ball rolling. My goal is to have this completed in less than a years time but one can never tell. The tank will be 100% automated minus the occasional H20 change. The equipment list will be stellar and of high quality.
Starting with the MC-6 Skimmer due anyday. I have a 1 HP Aquanetics chiller to plumb into the system (also from an RC memebr) & my current 90 gal will serve as the actual sump while the free 75 gal will serve as a seperate fuge. Calc reator will come later and Ill be auto dosing 2 part for the time being. Lighting will be of the 400 W nature with eithier PC actinics or VHO Im not set on that just yet. The stand will be steel. Im having that coated in Rhino liner and it is an integral canopy that can be unbolted for moving is the need should arise. The tank will incorporate a C.L. utilizing a Dart pump with an O/M 4 way. SOme of the first pics will be of the drilling processes I have to do to install the C.L. I must say, THis is still a budget build. My equipoment short of a few items is 90% used including all the tanks themselves. I see a real savings in doing this which always helps convince the better half its not all that expensive : ) (even though it is) Shhhhhh!
Wish me luck all.

mflamb
11/08/2006, 08:24 AM
Pics please.........
Mike

Biggie
11/08/2006, 08:59 AM
On the way......

hawaiianwargod
11/08/2006, 06:01 PM
Yes pics please!