PDA

View Full Version : Kole tang + lawnmower blenny = war?

rica5tully
11/08/2006, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I am picking up a Kole Tang tomorrow night. I'm really excited because they sound like great fish.

But I also want to get a lawnmower blenny and I have heard a few reports that Kole Tangs will be aggressive toward lawnmower blennies for some reason. But it also seems like a lot of people have both in their tank?

Any experience with this? If I put a Kole Tang in my tank and then a few weeks later add a small lawnmower blenny, will there be war?

Thanks,
ET

Chaotic Reefer4u
11/08/2006, 07:56 PM
i dont think you'll have a problem, personally i've never heard of them fighting with one another...

Icky
11/08/2006, 08:40 PM
I have both in my tank now and have had them together for about a year or so. Sometimes the the kole tang will chase the blenny away from the nori clip I put in there but I wouldn't call it war.

eddie c
11/08/2006, 09:07 PM
i have both in my tank and no problems at all, i think you will be fine.

flyin2jz
11/08/2006, 09:09 PM
Mine fight like crazy. I had to set up a spot at the top of the tank so the kole would leave him alone. Granted the lm blenny is about 5in long. And fat as a hog. I have seen spots taken off his side before but they just heal up. Kevin

laverda
11/08/2006, 11:48 PM
They are both both algae graisers so if their is not enough food they will fight for what their is.

Lev F.
11/09/2006, 05:41 PM
My Kole Tang has killed 3 Lawnmowers on different occasions, and I feed nori daily.

Froggy
11/09/2006, 05:47 PM
I had a Kole and a Lanmower blenny together in a 75. The Kole would chase the Lawnmower occasionally but I never saw an all out battle with the two. The lawnmwer was then found daed on the bottom of the tank. Not sure of the cause as the Lawnmower was the only fish in the tank to perish. Was the Kole responsible? I will never know.