PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Metals in our system

Reefflections
11/09/2006, 08:19 PM
Randy,
Well I did get my P0 4 test kit.And I did have high readings,which have been lower to a exceptale level now.Some corals can really say do look better,and some stayed the same.My question now is the possible of high metals,that could I have.It old rock been in the system for years now.I have and RODI,unit,drip kalk,and running a reactor.I can't keep any Macro algae,probably being a low nutrient system and barebottom.I' having problems with both LPS coral and SPS.The Lps are receding around there base.Good example is Acans.I've done all my tests as for Alk,PH,Mag,new bulbs,modified skimmer,monthly water changes,replace carbon once a month.But ALL my test are on the money.If anything my PH is the best it's ever been,since be able to open a window.It seems these corals should be exploding with growth now. But like I said the Phosban has made some improvement in "some".But we can't test for toxic metals as we know.So how do I really know,if this could be the direct link here?If so how save is this" Kent Toxic metal sponage?"And possible usage of this product.This stuff isn't cheap to buy.But how long can a system possibly run,when these toxic metals come into play?I know ever system is different.But at what point in time,do we have to look at this as a cause.I could be totally wrong here.But not sure where else to look for and answer.The PO4 levels were a part of it for sure.But there seems to be more here?At what point in time do we look at toxic metals?
Thanks,for your input here.
Curt

Randy Holmes-Farley
11/10/2006, 06:05 AM
Can you keep other inverts, like shrimp, snails and crabs?