PDA

View Full Version : who makes a 30" metal halide combo

thecodfather
11/09/2006, 10:31 PM
i just recently bought the coralife 30" power compact like, and im not too happy with it. does anyone know who makes a 30" metal halide combo?

ACBlinky
11/09/2006, 10:51 PM
You could try the eBay seller 'Aquarium Lights', I believe the company name is Catalina. They're in California, I just purchased a 2x400W MH w/ HO T5 acinics and moonlights built in and I'm quite happy with it. The fixture was VERY well packaged, but after the week-long journey from California to Toronto, Canada the MH bulbs both broke (wires on the inside came unsoldered). They're being replaced, no questions asked - I've received wonderful customer service from these guys. Their eBay store has lots of combo fixtures (MH/T5, MH/PC, MH/VHO) and you can have legs and/or moonlights added if you want. They say 'call for custom orders', so you could try calling them to ask if they have 30" fixtures or, alternatively, if the legs would allow a 24" fixture to fit on a 30" tank.

Their phone number and office hours are:
mon-fri, 9-330 pacific
916 381 3551

HTH :)

demonsp
11/09/2006, 10:55 PM
T-5 lighting is the thing and also runs cooler. But im sure most bigger net sites will sell them.

thecodfather
11/09/2006, 11:03 PM
thanx acblinky ill check them out. what did that run you anyway?

Apocallypse
11/09/2006, 11:27 PM
current usa sunpod 30" metal halide

Jakaru
11/09/2006, 11:33 PM
If your looking for combo lights pretty much the only thing is the catalina that was posted above. Trust me I searched and searched. I have a 55 gal tank that's only 30 across but 24 deep and 18 front to back so there was no way I could go with the pc and I couldn't even find enough t5's for my tank so what I ended up going with is a coralife hang on tank 150w mh and when I get some more money I'll buy another one. then putting them on each end of the tank and it'll be really nice.

thecodfather
11/09/2006, 11:35 PM
im lookin for catalina on ebay but i cant find it.

Jakaru
11/10/2006, 01:10 AM
I found them at this store. I'm sorry mods if I'm not allowed to post this. I have no connection and actually have not bought from this store. I did call them and they were helpfull. I also contacted alot of previous customers and they all seemed very happy. (I contacted the ones that had the light the longest) here we go.

http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarium-Lights

p.s. they don't list them as catalina but they said that's the manufacturer of thier lights.

thecodfather
11/10/2006, 07:13 AM
thanx for the help jakaru i have to call them up for a qoute.