PDA

View Full Version : different coralines...require different levels?

sir_dudeguy
11/10/2006, 01:19 AM
another coraline question. But this one is regarding all BUT the purple (which i personally dont really care for since it grows all over the glass).

But i've got all the normall purples and a few greens. But lately i've got a rock with a big fat chunk of dark red coraline and it looks awsome. But i was wondering...what all do the different coralines need? I mean obviously you gotta have that certain coraline to start with just so the stuff will start growing. But do different colors grow better in different settings than other coraline colors?

For example, the calcium should be 400-450 for your purple to grow right..and i believe your mag has to be right for it to grow too (which mine must be since i got a glass full of coraline in my tank lol).

But if i wanted to make levels that promote one type of coraline over another (in this case i want the reds to overtake all the purples) would i be able to do that? and if so, how?

might be kinda confusing, but thanks to all that could understand my question lol :)

reefnetworth
11/10/2006, 05:11 AM
time and patience... my red/crimson grows best under edges and on sides of LR that has lowerest lighting.

John,:smokin:

mission man
11/10/2006, 06:33 AM
I have purple on the rock and pink on the glass:rolleyes:

sir_dudeguy
11/10/2006, 09:39 AM
ya i got a little of everything. I was just wondering if theres a way to stop the purple, and promote the red growth lol. (i just dont like purple anymore)