PDA

View Full Version : Turning of Skimmer with Aquatronica

Hawkey
11/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Hi guys, quick question is it possible to hit a button on the controller to turn off my skimmer, and then for it to countdown 60mins and then turn the skimmer back on?

I need to dose a product when the skimmer is off for 60mins and then have the skimmer turned back on. I don't want to put on timer as i can't be sure i can dose at the same time each day.

But when i do dose, it would be great to flick the skimmer off for 60min and then for it to come back on automatically.

Just wondered if this is possible with my aquatronica?
thanks
Paul.

Aquarium Obsessed
11/11/2006, 12:44 PM
Hey,

Yes I believe the new function keys can accomodate your request.

AO

ik2vov
11/11/2006, 03:41 PM
Exactly, as Aquarium Obsessed wrote, with the new firmware you can set more then 15 minutes with the feed timer function.

Bye

Hawkey
11/11/2006, 04:36 PM
Great news . thanks guys.

Hawkey
11/26/2006, 12:20 PM
Ok I've tried programming function key to turn skimmer of for 60mins but have had no luck. Please could someone give me some advice of how to do it?

I'd like to press up arrow and have skimmer turn off for 60mins while i dose some additives. and then turn back on afterwards

thanks
Paul.

ik2vov
11/27/2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Hawkey,

in your Aquatronica System Controller program you have the key named "Function Keys", press it.
You will open a page with the operation for function key.... you can choose one of the 4 arrows, the first is the up arrow, you can name it as Skimmer. Then you have to select the mode, if you use "time" you have to select the time you like. Choose 1H and select the plug pressing the inssert key.... will pop up a creen in wich you can select the powerbar, the plug and the state... select state off fot the plug you like and it's done..... if you could understand my bad explanation in a very bad english.

Bye....

redbull99
11/27/2006, 04:38 PM
If you follow the instructions above it should work, in better English than my Italian :D, the other thing I haven't seen documented is the fact that just pressing the function key doesn't work.... hold the arrow key down for at least 5-10 seconds or until you see the cross arrow icon appear or hear your skimmer shut off.

Hawkey
11/28/2006, 12:06 AM
yep got it working thanks