PDA

View Full Version : Pearlscale angel problem - Help!!!

rreddick
11/11/2006, 04:15 PM
Info needed please
My new guy is about 4 days in to his Q period and I noticed some small spots on the black part only. Very hard to tell if this is natural coloration on the scales, they almost look blue at times, other times white. Fish is about 2.5" long so very hard to get a good detailed picture.

I am not familiar with these species so maybe someone that knows them well can answer if they normaling have these spots on the black as color variations.

If it is Ich I know they are sensitive to copper, so what is the treatment for these little guys? he is in Q with 3 Chalk Basselts so what ever treatment I do needs to be safe for all resisdents.

All fish had a 5 min freshwater dip when they came in. Tank is a 20G filled with water from my last display water change. I do 50% changes every other day. SG 1.024, all others at 0, temp 78

Thanks in advance
Ron

arizona tech
11/11/2006, 10:16 PM
keep a eye on the coloration,i have a b&w heniochus that i put in qt with cuparmine for 3 weeks with no problem, hope he is eating fine

rreddick
11/12/2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks,
Will continue to watch him. He is picky on his eating habits. Does not eat the nori or mysis, put a piece of LR in the tank for him to graze on which he is doing. Is also taking some of the herbavore frozen mix.

Ron