PDA

View Full Version : A need to vent!!!

sandry75
11/12/2006, 11:12 AM
All,

I just came back from a newly discovered LFS that is local to me. I visited the store once previously thought they had some nice stuff. I'm always happy to find a new source from which to purchase livestock and supplies, not mention some advice which is helpful for us "Newbies".

On this visit though I have to say I was completely turned off!!!!

The guy at the store was very condisending and it seemed that my questions (related to specific livestock needs and if my setup would be sufficient) were interupting him. After about ten minutes my wife and left - never to return!!!

The LFS was the "Fish Tank" in Sparta/Andover area. No matter how nice the store/livestock is I will not deal with idiot salespeople who treat me as though I'm a nuisance. One more store off my list! I'll go elsewhere for my new 90gal reef setup.

Sorry for the vent - Thanks for listening!
sandry75:mad: :mad:

serpentman
11/12/2006, 11:27 AM
Was the salesperson the owner or an employee? If the latter, you might consider a letter. Sometimes owners/managers don't hear about things like this and would probably appreciate a heads up.

Sk8r
11/12/2006, 11:44 AM
Agree with serpentman. OTOH, there are good online sources, too, if you have to go that route.

Shagsbeard
11/12/2006, 11:50 AM
Also... people have bad days, sometimes bad weeks or months. I'd give the guy another chance in about a week or so. If he's still a jerk, then dump him.

sandry75
11/12/2006, 01:25 PM
I believe this guy was the owner - the last time I was there the salesman indicated that he was not the owner.

It's just maddening when you get that kind of treatment when your so enthusiastic about the hobby!

Sk8r
11/12/2006, 01:29 PM
Try to find another local reef shop, so that if you need something urgently you've got a source: support the locals first, and they'll [should] support you---

But if all else fails, I've had excellent service, courteous communication, and infallible live shipping from foster/smith, aka liveaquaria.com, etc. And I know others will chime in with their own favorite online sources. If you want to know whether you need/want a particular item, consult here on RC and someone will help you with advice/sell you the item used and cheaper, or otherwise help out.

IPowderBlueTang
11/12/2006, 07:16 PM
I agree with you if the owner is a Jerk why spend your money there and support him! I usually buy online and get great service and cheap prices and free shipping when your order is over $200.