PDA

View Full Version : urgent...please help

naterealbig
11/13/2006, 03:04 PM
I have had my purple tang in QT for a week now. I am treating the fish for ich, and came home today - water temp 100F in the tank. Amazingly the fish is still alive, not moving at all, but breathing none the less. I put a frozen water bottle in the tank, but what else should I do? Should I do a couple of water changes or would the temp. change just shock and kill him? I appreciate any help or advice.

Nate

BiggySmalls
11/13/2006, 04:41 PM
maybe water changes but i dont want to kill ur fish, do what u think is right

BiggySmalls

BiggySmalls

prugs
11/13/2006, 05:23 PM
You need a new heater for one.
Ice bottles should do the trick. Doing water changes are not going to help anything.
Run an airstone to help the oxygen level, till the temp comes down.

listen_to_slaye
11/13/2006, 10:45 PM
i agree get oxygen levels up and bottles of frozen water of a bag full of ice cubes floating in it. tell us how the little guy goes. beautiful fish

DrHank
11/14/2006, 07:56 PM
Agree, oxygen is critical. Try to bring down temperature steadily but gradually. I would also go lights out to try and keep stress to minimum. Good luck, I hope he makes it!

deionized
11/14/2006, 09:01 PM
i hope you didnt use the ice, as it will drop the temp too quickly and bring on more stress and probably a nightmare case of ich
air is very important as warm water holds less oxygen then cool water
the temp will come down safely if you unplug your heater and increase surface aggitation (this could be done with a powerful air pump or by placing a powerhead close to the surface)

prugs
11/14/2006, 09:43 PM
I think it's too late :(