PDA

View Full Version : What corals can I keep with my light?

Dan9
11/13/2006, 03:09 PM
I saw someone post this question and I was wondering the same thing for my tank. What corals can I keep in my 65g with a 4-39 watt T5 light fixture?
http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104188.html
That is my light fixture. I did research before I bought it and it sounded like I could keep almost anything with it, but now I am not so sure. I am using 1 12000k bulb, 1 10000k bulb, 1 atinic plus, and 1 super actinic bulb. Not sure if that info is needed but I thought I would say just in case. Thanks for any input.

aquarius77
11/13/2006, 03:17 PM
I have PC and will be upgrading to MH. while those will do pretty good with some things, some SPS might not do so well unless right at the top of the tank and even then they will just survive and not thrive.

But to answer your question id say softies like shrooms and gsp, leathers, some lps as well like frogspawn or hammer might do nicely as well.

Dan9
11/13/2006, 03:40 PM
The main thing I was hoping to be able keep is frogspawn, hammer, and zooanthids. Will zoos do good under this lighting? Thanks for the quick response.

akrimmel
11/13/2006, 03:46 PM
i have had great success as well as others i know with the tek T5 lights and have no problems with sps anywhere in the tank.