PDA

View Full Version : update on my tank...

gopens
11/13/2006, 11:26 PM
well as some may recall. i have been haveing problems with keeping snails alive. when i add the snails, they only stay active for about an hour or so, than they go into some form of shock and close up. after they are closed up for about an hour, i will take them into my qt tank where they open up and stay active. i have been told that copper could be the cause being that inverts can't make it in copper water. but the kicker is that i have hermit crabs that have been alive and doing great for many months in the tank. but than i have been told that hermit crabs can take some copper and be fine.

as you can see this has been driving me crazy. i was talking with a local reefer today and he asked if i had any blue salt creep. well i actualy do have some blue creep. does this mean that it is 100% sure i have copper. my lfs says it is 100% sure. but they also want to sell me more live rock and sand. so any help would be cool. thanks

gopens
11/14/2006, 12:30 AM
anybody. thanks

bertoni
11/14/2006, 01:52 AM
Hmm, testing for copper is hard. I think you should take the question on the blue salt creep to the chemistry forum.