PDA

View Full Version : internal parasites in new pair of WC clowns

Jamie1210
11/16/2006, 12:55 AM
Hi, I just obtained a pair of true percula clownfish, of which i'm pretty sure they are wild caught. I've had them for only a day, and they are in QT currently. Unforutnately, they don't seem to be interested in food. Fed them mysis, and garlic soaked flakes. They had some flakes and then spit them out. Their poop is white and thin and long ... so they probably do have internal parasites, huh?

What should I do?

TIA!
Jamie

KRM
11/16/2006, 03:15 PM
I too have the same problems, and would like to know. SOMEONE help Please.

C_alex
11/16/2006, 03:44 PM
My pair won't take food for the first 3 days, I were worried. So I hatch some baby brine shrimp try to triker their appetites, one eat but the other just ignor. I keep doing 20% water change every other day, 2 weeks later their both taking mysis abd pellet. By the way, when I first put them in, I have already have some dominated fish in tank, they got harrassed in the first couple of days. So I remove them and left the new pair alone, they did have stingy white feces. My advise is keep up the water change before you dose any medication. And remove any other aggresive tank mate, hth

Jamie1210
11/16/2006, 07:22 PM
yeah, they are in a partitioned QT tank, and are left to themselves. Thanks for the response, C_alex! Hey, I live in Alhambra, CA too! What a small world :)

organism
11/16/2006, 07:36 PM
you can get special medication for their food, I believe it's called metronidazole, seachem makes it, but you can't feed it to them in a regular tank since it could mess up the system, in qt it works great though, wipes them out in three or four days

Jamie1210
11/16/2006, 11:26 PM
organism, do LFS in the area carry that? today, my male perc seems to be taking small bites of food, but the female still isn't interested. Did a 10% water change ... we'll see what happens, i guess.

Thanks!

KRM
11/16/2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I have a question of my own. Did any of you have excessive bloating going on?

C_alex
11/17/2006, 01:14 AM
Jamie,
Ygpm