PDA

View Full Version : database on free version of aquanotes?

mhe
11/16/2006, 06:37 AM
Hi,

I have the free version of aquanotes and an AC3.

When I click on "Retrieve Data Logs" it connects, etc. then reports data logs retrieved. But I can't find the data anywhere - I've looked at the "tank database"/conditions tab, it's blank.

I thought the free version did the database, but not the reports/graphs - is that incorrect? Should I be able to see a listing of the data on the version of Aquanotes I have?

Thanks!

- Michael

clp
11/16/2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, the database works on the free version of AquaNotes. Follow the configuration steps below to setup AquaNotes for a Ethernet connection (AC3, AC3PRO):

1. Select the menu choice 'Database->Tank Database'. Update the Serial field on this window with the serial number of the AquaController. The serial number of the AquaController can be found performing a self-test. The serial number that should be entered is shown on the bottom line of the AquaController's self-test display (Passed #WXYZ).

2. Also on the 'Tank Database' form choose the 'Config' tab. Select TCP (Aqua3) button. Enter the IP address, login, and password of the AquaController 3.

3. Now select the menu 'Status->Reef Tank'. You should get a window which displays the current status of the tank and the controlled devices. If you get a message 'AquaController not responding', something is not configured correctly. Re-check the cables, and the AquaNotes configuration which is described in the previous paragraph.

Curt