PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to larger tank....???

medic29
11/16/2006, 11:17 PM
Hello, I am upgrading from a 30 gal tank to a 60 gal tank. The 60 gal tank is set up, pump cycling, etc. The following is what I did tonight in preparation to move everything to the newish tank.

Well, the 30 gal tank is shut down. Live stock is moved to a rubermaid tub (temporary home) with heater and powerhead in tub. I am going to put my light over the tub tomorrow when the lights are susposed to be on. There is also some large pieces of live rock in the tub that have mushrooms attached and some leathers attached.

The sand from the 30 gal has been removed and 75% of it transferred to the new tank. Some of the live rock was placed in the sump. New aragonite substrate was also added to the 60 gal tank. Cured live rock from and established tank was also added to the 60 gal tank on Tuesday. Skimmer was added to sump.

I had a question about my Maxima clam that was in my 30 gal tank; he is currently residing in the tub with the other livestock (corals and fish); I'm hoping he will be okay for a couple of days until the 60 gal has stablized and I can transfer the livestock to it. I will check the water parameters tomorrow and again on Saturday. Does anyone think the clam will have issues?

Anyone have any thoughts or comments.....anything I have missed and am forgetting??

Please let me know if anyone can think of anything.

Thanks in advance!!!

gabe3d
11/17/2006, 01:14 AM
Just from my personal experience when i moved my tank, i had three clams sitting in a rubbermaid with my fish and coral for almost two weeks. They made it through with no issue.

Gabe

medic29
11/17/2006, 07:27 AM
Great....that's what I needed to hear. Thanks!!!