PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Lion won't eat

Lionfish92
11/17/2006, 07:35 AM
Hey all, I've had my zebra lionfish for a few weeks now and he is still refusing to eat. I know zebras like small crusteceans and fish but he won't eat the brine shrimp or krill I've tried to feed him. I understand that he may need to be weened on to prepared foods, does anyone have advice on how to do so ? and I would really appreciate some feeding suggestions. Thanks in advance.

D659600
11/17/2006, 07:51 AM
Give him live food to get his health back up. Then when you feed thaw out some krill or mysis shrimp ( depending on the size of lion) and add both the live and krill or mysis shrimp at the same time. It may take him some time to get the hang of eating dead stuff but this way works sooner or later. Try also to soak the krill of mysis shrimp in garlic. Helps to boost the immune sustem. Good luck.

verde_ad
11/17/2006, 01:00 PM
Here is what I did.

I kept a small tank of ghost shrimp and fed them a high quality marine food.

After they were in there a few days, so there bellies were full of good nutricious stuff for the lion, I would feed them one at a time to the lion.

Always feed in the same spot. The lion will identify that spot with food. I dropped them in the front corner of the tank. For the first week or so only drop live shrimp in that corner. Then after a while kill one or two of the shrimp and add that to the mix. Drop one alive and then one dead. Most likely it will take a few try's to get him to take the dead, but he will eventually.

It took me two months to get my dwarf fuzzy to eat dead food, but once he did he ate like a pig.