PDA

View Full Version : lazy puffer?

EnderG60
11/17/2006, 08:34 AM
Ok have a 110, with some clowns, yellow tang, naso tang, lawnmower and a porcipine puffer.

well the puffer likes to sit in the corner most of the day. He still eats just doesnt move much unless its feeding time.

anything I can do?

ralphie16
11/17/2006, 09:12 AM
what you can do is get a bigger tank. seriously.

hey, you asked!

but besides that, puffers are generally lazy. mine swims around like crazy one day and some days he just sits on a rock and takes in the scenery. its quite normal. its what they do in the wild too. see it with my own eyes. just sit there and wait for food to wander near them.

D659600
11/17/2006, 10:11 AM
I play with mine. He likes ping pong balls. He is about 3" long and fat as a pig. When I am not messing with him he lays on top of a powerhead. Funny little fish they are.

EnderG60
11/18/2006, 09:17 AM
its a clients tank, and the puffer is only about 4" now and when it does get to big I have another client with a 400 it will go in so thats not really an issue.

and i know they are lazy, alot of em we get at the store just sit around, but im just wondering if there is anything to keep em active. you said you play with it using a ping pong ball? exactly how?