PDA

View Full Version : White dots on glass

Gluestick
11/17/2006, 01:55 PM
There are tiny dots all over the glass on my tank. I posted about this a long time ago, when there were only a couple here and there.
However, now they are covering the glass.
They are circular and about 1mm in diameter. When I wipe them off with the magfloat, it leaves just a a white ring. I was told there were snail eggs, but I don't have hardly any cerith or nerites anymore. I have astrea and trochus mostly.
I just want to know what they are and why there is such an increase in the 'production' of these things.
Thanks
Valerie

Travis L. Stevens
11/17/2006, 02:00 PM
Possibly Spirorbid Worms. Have a picture?

sir_dudeguy
11/17/2006, 02:04 PM
if they are in a little spiral shape then to me it sounds like just a spirobid worm (i dont think thats the name but its somethign like that...i can never remember)

but they're just harmless filter feeders that always just go thru phases in my tanks. They may just die off a bit on their own, but they'll always be there.

Dubbin1
11/17/2006, 02:26 PM
You may have better luck using a scraper to get them off.

Gluestick
11/17/2006, 02:31 PM
the only thing that seems to get the whole "egg" or whatever off is a razorblade.
They are not spiral shaped.

clownsntriggers
11/17/2006, 05:04 PM
I have alot of white dots too. I think It's coraline algae becuase it's turning purple on top of the white. I'm not sure though.