PDA

View Full Version : SPS Growth Patterns

ERICinFL
11/17/2006, 09:52 PM
My Acro frags are a month old now and still alive. Every few days I'll look closely at them to see if they appear to be growing. What I have noticed, is they seem to be growing down and not up. The once noticeable crease around the epoxy, is slowly vanishing to tissue growth and considering my past luck with SPS frags, I'm very happy about this. I'm assuming, that most corals will encrust to their base before growing upward and outward. Is this the general growth pattern that you all see with your frags too? Thanks.

speedstar
11/17/2006, 09:55 PM
Yes very normal to encrust first. Congrats on the growth.

Dubbin1
11/17/2006, 09:58 PM
Eric where did you get that fire breathing firefish? I have got to get me one.

ERICinFL
11/17/2006, 10:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8571183#post8571183 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Eric where did you get that fire breathing firefish? I have got to get me one.

I actually acquired it from a friend of mine. He works for a bio-engineering firm with a secret layer in the mountains of Montana. His next project is an Acro with legs that eats AEFWs and Red Bugs, then poops out frags. It'll revolutionise the home aquaria business as we know it. :lmao:

Chaotic Reefer4u
11/17/2006, 11:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8571245#post8571245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ERICinFL
I actually acquired it from a friend of mine. He works for a bio-engineering firm with a secret layer in the mountains of Montana. His next project is an Acro with legs that eats AEFWs and Red Bugs, then poops out frags. It'll revolutionise the home aquaria business as we know it. :lmao: Hilarious...:lol:

gasman059
11/20/2006, 07:30 AM
VERY GOOD ERIC I WILL GET ONE OF THOSE FOR SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE LOL

boomsticks
11/20/2006, 07:35 AM
A frag pooping acro! Sign me up! I wish I pooped out frags.....but anyway with the growth yes, all my frags just encrust for about a month or so once acclimated which takes about a month as well, then they will continue to encrust as well as grow vertically.

tobyp
11/20/2006, 08:19 AM
the base growes then thay grow up and shade the base & it dies of as it gets shaded

onehundred20
11/20/2006, 10:47 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8571245#post8571245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ERICinFL
I actually acquired it from a friend of mine. He works for a bio-engineering firm with a secret layer in the mountains of Montana. His next project is an Acro with legs that eats AEFWs and Red Bugs, then poops out frags. It'll revolutionise the home aquaria business as we know it. :lmao:

LoL

Pooping a frag probaly would be the most comfterble thing to do :confused: