PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy a Amphiprion thiellei or wild caught black occelaris?

chelskisw6
11/17/2006, 10:25 PM
Any ideas on where i can purchase a Amphiprion thiellei or a wild caught black ocellaris? I am going to purchase one of these, but im looking for a mate for it, as i only have access to one each of these species... please PM me if you know a place to purchase or have any ideas....thanks for your help!

phender
11/18/2006, 12:25 PM
For the most part, if we knew, we would have already bought them.:D
If you already have a source, you should just ask if they can get you some more.
I would be very cautious about paying more than $50 for a wild caught black ocellaris unless they have full documentation.

nlknight
11/18/2006, 09:20 PM
exrememcorals.com has them, and very nice ones too, click ora on the menu on the left of the screen.

phender
11/18/2006, 09:28 PM
The ORA black ocellaris are not wild caught. They are captive bred. It is not difficult to get CB black ocellaris. It is almost impossible to get wild caught ones.

JamesJR
11/18/2006, 10:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, Why would it make much of a difference between a wild caught black ocellaris and tank raised?

mbunaman
11/19/2006, 09:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8576533#post8576533 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JamesJR
Just out of curiosity, Why would it make much of a difference between a wild caught black ocellaris and tank raised?

The reason why Wild caught is desired is that the gene pool is most likely pure. After many years on inbreeding brother and sisters you are likely to se deformed clowns and coloration/pigments fade out.

JamesJR
11/19/2006, 01:51 PM
Oh, okay I got you. I didn't even think about that. I am hoping to breed clowns again myself. I bred perculas a few years ago.