PDA

View Full Version : Compatiblity

kkris
11/17/2006, 10:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what other fish they keep in their wrasse/reef tanks? I've started on a mostly wrasse tank, but would some variety. Compatiblity is key. Thanks

SDguy
11/17/2006, 10:47 PM
I've got three different species of anthias with a flasher and a fairy wrasse. All pretty much ignore each other. My tomini also ignores all the other fish.

kkris
11/17/2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks SD guy. I keep seeing contrasting opinions about mixing anthias and fairies. Tomini was on my list!

bubbaOPPD
11/18/2006, 12:02 AM
I have 2 Fairy wrasse tanks, I have Purple, Blue(Dori), Yellow, Sailfin, and Sohal tang in with the fairys. I even have a 2' Snowflake eel in the 240 with 10Fairy wrasses no problems for over 2 years. I have Bi-color, Bartletts, Carberries, and Dispar anthias with the them also. Other fish: Pink-tail Trigger, Saddleback Butterfly, Pink-spotted Goby, Twin-spotted Gobies.

SDguy
11/18/2006, 10:49 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8571828#post8571828 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bubbaOPPD
I have 2 Fairy wrasse tanks, I have Purple, Blue(Dori), Yellow, Sailfin, and Sohal tang in with the fairys. I even have a 2' Snowflake eel in the 240 with 10Fairy wrasses no problems for over 2 years. I have Bi-color, Bartletts, Carberries, and Dispar anthias with the them also. Other fish: Pink-tail Trigger, Saddleback Butterfly, Pink-spotted Goby, Twin-spotted Gobies.

Awesome, awesome fish list !!

Where are the pics :D ?

Sk8r
11/18/2006, 11:32 AM
Watch it with the gobies with some wrasses, probably dependent on tank size. A filamented in my 52 killed 2 and a firefish. Clearly the tank was not big enough.

karid
11/18/2006, 11:43 PM
I have had a ruby-head fairy wrasse (C. cyanopleura), tailspot wrasse (H. melanurus) and labouti wrasse (C. labouti) with many fish in a few of our tanks.

Started out in a 20g with a ruby-head fairy wrasse, firefish, orange spotted shrimp goby, and clown goby. No problem.

Upgraded to a 55g and moved those fish into the 55g with false clownfish, brownbarred goby, chalk bass, lawnmower blenny, and blackbar chromis. No problems.

Upgraded to a 90g tank and added a tailspot wrasse (H. melanurus) and bicolor blenny. No problems.

I tried adding a labouti wrasse. The tailspot wrasse and the labouti were fine together. The tailspot and the ruby-head were fine together. However, the ruby-head and the labouti were not fine together. Ruby-head was a bully. Had to remove the labouti.

None of the wrasses ever harassed or bothered (or were bothered by) any other fish. Just the ruby-head and labouti wrasses didn't like each other. (well, and the chromis picked on the firefish, but that was wrasse-unrelated).